Sunday, December 28, 2014

Just a Little cup of Perfection

Snuggled up in the corner of the living room with a cup of hot Dominican coffee and my computer.
Thoughts of the last few weeks whirling around in my brain; what do I write about?
I could write about something serious and challenging that goes along with the Christmas season, or something that I have learned in my quiet time from the last week, and believe me there has been a lot of things that I have learned in quiet time in the last few days!
These past few weeks for some people have been filled with family and friends, lots of laughter and cheer. However, there are also people who have not had family and friends, laughter and cheer. So I think that I am going to write about some of my not so perfect moments. Moments of shear hilarity, though in the moment they were not that funny!

The sun was streaming in my window, a fresh sheet of snow on the ground, the house was quiet, not a soul was string...not even a mouse (I am so glad for that part!), my sister was in deep sleep next to me, I was cold because she had stolen all the blankets. I blinked. something was not right. fighting the fog that hovered over me, rubbing my eyes trying to get them into focus, I searched for my phone, turning on the screen I look at the time;  is that right? I look again. 7:51am. SHOOT! I have nine minuets to be dressed, and at work. unfortunately it takes 20 minuets to get to work. I will just let you imagine me literally jumping out of bed and throwing some clothes on. It was a no make-up, crazy hair kind of day.
The day did not get better from there. But it did get funnier.
I had to run some errands for the shop. So off to the store I go.
Once in Wal-Mart I was able to get everything that we needed, so with hands over loaded with bags I head out of the store. Out the doors and to the car...but wait...Where did I park? No this is not happening to me! How could I NOT know where I parked!?!? Well this is embarrassing! 
There I am walking through the parking lot literally having NO IDEA where I parked the car.
It is then that I walk over a pair of car keys (no they were not mine, through that would have been really funny!) I am ashamed to say that I thought about leaving them on the ground for someone else to find. Thank the Lord that I did not leave them there!  So back into Wal-Mart with my bags and the lost keys. Walking back out of the store the craziest thing happened...I realized where I had parked!
I really think that it was the Lord being good to me. After, I am sure, He got a good chuckle out of my scatter brained moment.
Well after that embarrassment I needed a coffee.
Stopping at my favorite coffee shop, where the coffee is sweet but the friendships are sweeter, I get my addiction, salted caramel latte extra hot with just a little whipped cream; it is like perfection in a cup, and a dance party in my mouth.
My day is now better.
Back at the office I try to to be a ninja with all the bags, but lets be honest...I can't be a ninja with coffee AND bags. So the easiest solution? Why put my my cup of perfection on the top of the car of course! No sooner had I let go of my little cup of perfection and reached for the car door, do I watch in dismay as my coffee slipped off the car and emptied itself on the snow covered ground.
NOOO!!! WHY!?!?! WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME!?!? 
And then it hits me.
It starts out little. But continues to grow until it is a full all out belly laugh.
Best. day. ever.
Why?
Because of Gods grace.
Because perfection is not in a cup, it is in Christ.
Because God is good.
Because me getting up late, loosing the car, spilling my coffee, and making mistakes at work do not change the fact that God is still God, and He still loves me, He still pursues me. I am still His daughter.
And that my friends is why I can laugh at the things that go wrong.
There are so many more stories to share, but that will have to be it for now.
I hope and pray that you all had a merry Christmas, and that you stop to laugh at the little things.
















No comments:

Post a Comment