Thursday, October 30, 2014

It is an Adventure

Welcome.
Welcome to this adventure I like to call "life".
Sometimes this adventure that we are all on is so busy, sometimes it becomes mundane, it stops being an adventure. Over the last few weeks this life has stopped being an adventure for me. It has become dull, overwhelming, stressful, joyless, and most importantly it has lacked the one ingredient that makes this life a real adventure: my Father.
It happened in little ways, crept up on me.
I got up late one morning; so I did not have time to stop and say 'hi' or hear what He had to say to me.
I was in a rush eating lunch one day so I did not say 'thank you'.
I was too tired to talk with Him.
The dead line for school work was more important then hearing what He had to say.
The music had a great beat, the harmony blew my mind, He was not mentioned.
The movie was a good story and I laughed, He was not glorified.
Much to my chagrin the list could go on.
Even in my wanderings He did not forget me, He whispered in the stillness of the night and it happened slowly.
It was in the sunrise. The fog coming off the lake. The song I happened upon.  It was in my nephews seeing Him work. It was in the face of my student.  It was in the little bird. The reminder that my Father, the creator of the universe wanted me, longed for me to not just go through life "doing" but "being"; being a daughter of HIS, a child of the KING.
He wants me to not just survive through the next math test, or my job, or through today and the rest of this week, no, He wants me to thrive. To thrive on HIM, Psalm 16:11 says that "In HIS presence is fullness of JOY"!
The truth that my Father wants me, that I am fearfully and wonderfully made, made in His image, loved, desired, and that I am fully pleasing to Him just because I am His daughter; well let's be honest: it blows my mind!
I don't want life to be dull, stressful, or joyless; I want to have fullness of JOY!
Living life in His presence, having faith unshakable, joy unspeakable, and love unstoppable does not happen overnight. Having those things are a reflection of being in His Word, talking with Him and listening to what He has for me on a daily bases.
My prayer is that I will not loose sight of this truth in the days ahead, that I will live fully in His presence, and not forget again that I am HIS daughter fully pleasing and greatly desired.

My prayer is that as I embark on this journey  of remembering who I am in Him, you would be encouraged and challenged to also live fully in His presence.

Flawed but Cherished,

Anika

No comments:

Post a Comment